Everyone is aware of the atrocities that are being inflicted on the Palestinians by the Israelis. There are protests in many cities of the world by people of all walks of life and all religions.
Although it might seem that us Pakistanis, being preoccupied with our own problems, are ignorant of the issue. This is not so.
There has been an overwhelming amount of support of the Palestinian cause shown by regular Pakistanis on social media over the past few days.
Here are just some examples of status’, tweets and pictures.
Status’ in Support of Palestinians
- Muslims are protesting worldwide for our oppressed brothers in Gaza, yet the real ones who can help, i.e. the leaders, are totally silent!
- Be scared of the moment you die Zionists. Be very scared because Allah never forgets! #FreePalestine
- Gaza bleeds… Not because Israel is brutal but because we are cowards!
- You do not have to be Muslim to care about Gaza. This is not a matter of religion; it’s a matter of humanity
- How cruel is “Phenomenal Silence” of heads of so called #Muslim countries, a moment a shame for you; you shameless pigs!
- There are about 450 Million Arabs, compared to about 6 million Israelis.
- So my question is – and I know this will pinch a lot of people – why do we cry for people in Palestine alone? What about people being killed by Bashar Al Assad in Syria? What about people being killed by ISIS in Iraq? What about people being killed by TTP in Pakistan? What about people being killed by Boko Haram in Nigeria? What about people being killed by Buddhist monks in Burma? I feel sorry for the people in Palestine. But I also feel sorry for all the others I mentioned, and pardon me if I forgot to mention someone. May God have mercy on the oppressed, and show the oppressors the right path
- I don’t have guns to fight however I can say no to —-> Dannon, Carrefour, Maggi, MacDonalds, Coke, Sprite, Fanta, Nestle, Timberland and many others…… what about you?!
Tweets Supporting Palestinians
- If the Palestinian holocaust can’t be recognized, then the Jewish holocaust never existed.
- Allah now is a good time to let Israel know you are there. #GazaBleeds
- When Iran says Israel needs to be eliminated from world map, its absolutely right!!!
- One Solution to Middle East: Crush Israel
- 200,000 north #Gaza muslims to evacuate as #Israel demands & go where, into the sea?
- Being human is enough reason to protest against war crimes, oppression – killing of innocents, yet ppl fail to do so, wonder. #GazaBleeds
- Israel has broken 65 U.N resolutions with no consequences. Iraq broke two and got invaded, bombed and destroyed.
- Those who remain silent in the face of injustice become a supporting party.
- Israel’s weakness is its thirst for blood; our strength is our insistence on life. #palestine
- The powerful, no matter how mighty has a weakness; the weak, no matter what has a strength. If this strength meets that weakness, we WIN. @ThisIsGaZa
- Did you know that Israel is occupying land from 5 countries? #terroristisrael
- I am an ordinary Palestinian; I know what Israel can do to us, if they step near my home, i will fight them, even if it is with a shoe I have. @ThisIsGaZa
- #Gaza The last hug from a Palestinian mother in Gaza to her son.
- Rihanna took down her post, which said ‘#freepalestine’, within minutes of being subjected to criticism.
Pictures Shared in Support
The following were some of the messages on memes across major social media platforms:
- I could have killed all the jews if I could; but I left some of them to let you know why I was killing them – Adolf Hitler
- If you are not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed and loving the people who are doing the oppressing – Malcolm X
- We know too well that our freedom is incomplete without the freedom of the Palestinians – Nelson Mandela
- If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse, and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.” – Archbishop Desmond Tutu
- If 9/11 deserves a moment of silence then Palestine deserves for us to never speak again
- Dear Prime minister, kindly start a metro bus service for our Zionist bhai and the other guardians of islam, connecting them straight to Gaza. I believe that’s where their jihad is needed, not in the schools and mosques here. Regards, Pakistan.
- Today everything is made in China except courage, Its made in Palestine
- It would be my greatest sadness to see Zionists do to the Palestinian Arabs much of what Nazis did to the Jews – Albert Einstien
- A Palestinian girl writes: where is the ummah they teach us about in school? Where? Why have they left us to face this alone
- You take my water, burn my olive trees, destroy my house, take my job, steal my land, imprison my father, kill my mother, bomb my country, starve us all, humiliate us all but I am to blame because I shot a rocket back.
- Okay, so let me get this straight… Israel was dreamt up by an Athiest… Is populated by a very large number of Athiests and they all claim that the land was given to them by GOD!? Sure, makes perfect sense…
Image Credit: Carlos Latuff