Despite all the problems our country is facing, there is still a lot to laugh at in Pakistan… Here are is a list of things which should be familiar to all of us!
You know you’re a Pakistani when…
- You always call an older person “uncle” or “aunty” even if you don’t know them.
- You reuse grocery bags for garbage.
- A lecture from your dad always starts with starting with “Jub mai tumhari umar ka tha”.
- It doesn’t matter if it’s an aloo, baingan, deodorant, or cricket bat; at iftaar time your mother is going to fry it into a Pakora.
- You pretend to like Western cuisine but, admit it: Your favorite dishes are actually biryani, nihari, korma and seekh kebab!
- The best way to kick of a discussion at a wedding is “aaj kal tumhari taraf light kitni dafa ja rahi hai”.
- When you pray… but only during exams
- When your grades are always below your parent’s expectations.
- When every time you talk to the opposite sex the first thing on your mind is marriage.
- Your major in university was either engineering or medicine.
- You ask your dad a simple question and he tells you a story of all the hardships in his life.
- Every unfortunate incident can be attributed to ‘nazar’, be it cancer or a cough.
- You call electricity “light”.
- At the grocery store, you ask for ‘surf’ instead of detergent.
- When you let your neighbor borrow something and then have to borrow it back.
- You enjoy ice-cream more in winter than in summers.
- The groom at the wedding wears a garland covered with plastic so his clothes won’t get dirty.
- There is hawai firing when Pakistan wins a cricket match.
- There is hawai firing on New Year ’s Eve.
- The most important book to passing your board exams is the last five years’ papers.
- You never give a lift to a strangers and generally speed off if someone asks you for directions.
- You get out of the car while filling fuel to check the meter.
- You have indicators in your car but you still indicate with your hands before turning.
- You have bribed the “tulla” because you did not have a driving license or your cars registration papers
- Your car now has problems running on petrol as it is so used to being run on CNG
- You never wear a seat belt.
- You dress up and go out with your family to eat at a fast food restaurant instead of a fine dining place.
- ‘Black’ or ‘white’ refers to the beverage you are about to order.
- You take at least two cars or six people with you just to pick or drop anyone at the airport.
- You ask people coming from abroad to get you chocolates.
- A 1300 cc car is big and 800 cc car is small.
- When you walk you have your wallet, keys and cell phone in your hand.
- You arrive an hour late everywhere.
- You drive 30 km to get somewhere but drive on the wrong side of the road for 50m to save petrol.
Can you think of any others folks? Tell us in the comments below! :)
If we are asked what do u call if there is more than one road we say roadain. There is no such thing as roadain. Its roads.
when we do something wrong like drive on oneway and someone reminds us that its wrong we tell them to mind their own business.
Only place where the police wala will first break the signal. Where as its not literaly breaking it.
… The only one book which our pakistani reads daily with interset more than food is ””’FaceBook”” instead of read a book from their course atleast.
well all the things mentioned above are true a bit bitter but most of them are hilarious Yes! I am Pakistani and proud of what I am and what we do